Conducting offline exams could be dangerous in between the terrifying pandemic that has been threatening the lives-Students of the I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (PTU) said as they & their parents raised concerns about their safety.
JALANDHAR-TECHNO REPORTER:-The students & parents of the colleges affiliated to I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University are in a great difficulty because of the unfair decision of the university to conduct offline examinations during the pandemic whereas every other university has given the choice of online mode as well. “Everyone is not available to appear in the examinations as many of the students are either not in the state or will not be able to be here in such times,”.
Students further said that there are various reasons to conduct it online as we all know number of Covid cases almost touching 22k-25k daily, so if University is conducting offline exams in this situation, then University is putting students life in danger. Many students have to come from very far region, like J & K, Delhi, U.P., Himachal, Rajasthan, Bihar & Bengal. If they get Infected from the COVID-19, then who will be responsible.
For IKGPTU, exams should not be more important than a student’s life. Highlighting that various educational classes were held by the university online previously, students questioned as to why not the exams be conducted in a similar mode. Colleges conducted online admissions and procedures of various courses. Faculty taught whole semester through online mode and the assignments & assessments too.
We all are aware about the Farmers protest on the Farm Bill 2020. Due to this Most of the roads are blocked & Transits are charging almost double, then actual fair ticket price. Most of the students belongs to middle class family, who can’t afford that much expenditure. Moreover many train Routes are still not in Operation & diverted. So, Again request to the University to conduct it online.
Students outside Punjab are not able to come back also because the borders are sealed due to the ongoing protests and not everyone is capable of affording a flight ticket. Trains are also running full and none can get a reservation at such a short notice. Roadways & buses too are running full, and crowded.
Citing health concerns, the students said most among us who appeared for backlog exams held in November and December tested positive after the exams. Also the students had to travel through crowded buses to reach the center.
When University conducted reappear exams during this Month, there is news some students got Covid Positive in the Hostels as it is not possible to provide safety measure & testing every student in the hostel.
Most of other technical universities are conducting online exams for their student, then why not IKG PTU? Like this we can see one more incident of offline exam in the IIT – Madras, where 71 students are COVID positive & UGC has already given freedom to the students to choose the mode of examination so, again it’s a request by the students to conduct it online.
Also there is possibility of second wave in last week of December & in the start of January with a new strain which is supposed to be more dangerous than the present one. The students called upon the university, and the state government to conduct forthcoming exams in online mode. “They should consider the mode of online exams because everyone thinks it would be the best way out for every student. This should happen for practical examinations as well because this effort would be of no use if they conduct the practical for this term offline and exams online,” the students requested.
Report says that in a poll conducted by the India Wide Parents’ Association, 4,505 participants voted. About 94.6 per cent of them favored online examinations. The parents’ body, representing students’ concerns, sent a letter to University Officials, Punjab Chief Minister and Education Minister. If University will conduct offline exam, then parents will not be ready to sign the undertaking which is given by University & if they are compelled to give offline exam, then it will be University’s responsibility if any student will get infected from the Covid.
In a interview by our techno reporter with Er. Sundeep Bansal, General Secretary of a prominent professional organization “Council of Engineers & Valuers” said that as a University we always appreciate the tremendous efforts & inputs being done by PTU for upliftment in the field of Engineering & Technical Education but as a stakeholder in engineering sector our organization wishes to draw University official’s kind attention towards the upcoming examination of odd semesters during January 2021 through offline mode. I humbly request to conduct it online.
Mr Bansal further added that as an engineer I hope the officials will surely understand the problems & will take decisions in the favor of the students & the University will take a positive decision & will not put the students’ life in danger.
REFRESHER COURSE OF 50 HRS EDUCATIONAL COURSE UNDER RULE 5(1)
REFRESHER COURSE OF 50 HRS EDUCATIONAL COURSE UNDER RULE 5(1)READ WITH RULE 12(2)(a) FOR REGISTRATION AS VALUERS UNDER THE BANNER OF CEV IAF RVO
REFRESHER COURSE OF 50 HRS EDUCATIONAL COURSE UNDER RULE 5(1)ALL INDIA ONLINE as per revised IBBI syllabus is proposed during:-
2021 under the banner of most trusted, economical, transparent & members friendly RVO… CEV IAF RVO
Land n Buildings
Plant n Machinery
Securities or Financial Assets
Fee package includes:-
1. 50 Hrs Educational Course fees
2. Study material Hard copies of copyright book by registered parcel
3. Study material soft copy of all subjects
4. MCQs bank and live support.
5. Specialized personalized help till EXAMINATION and afterwards
6. Subsidized concessional cost REFRESHER COURSE facilities for CEV IAF CANDIDATES to attend next physical batches any time and anywhere in INDIA.
8 HOURS CEP PROGRAM BY CEV IAF RVO (6 CREDIT POINTS)
For CEP – 8 Hours – Exclusive for Valuers Valuation Essentials Topics To Be Covered… 1. PRECAUTINS DURING SITE VISIT 2. PRECAUTIONS IN REPORT WRITING 3. VALUATION UNDER IBC. 4. INTERNATIONAL VALUATION STANDARDS
SPECIALISED EXPERT FACULTY FOR THE SESSION:-
ER SANJAY PATEL
Bachelor of Engineering (Instrumentation & Control), May 2003, Gujarat University Diploma in Instrumentation & Control, June 2000, Technical Education Board, Gujarat Gujarat Higher Secondary Education Board, March 1997.
Having experience of 15 years in field of Valuation of Tangible Assets. Sectors includes Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Steel, Cement, Power, Textile, Engineering, Logistics, etc.
CA ANKIT GOEL
B. COM(H), LLB, FCA, DISA (ICAI), RV (SFA), ID (IICA).
With experience of more than 9 years in valuation, he has managed valuation of assets having a book value of more than 25000 crores. He is an active speaker on valuation, Insolvency, Forensic audit and other subjects at many RVOs and at events organized by other Professional organizations & industry associations.., etc.
DR RAJWINDER SINGH
PhD in STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING, M TECH. (STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING), DIPLOMA IN RAIL TRANSPORTATION & MANAGEMENT, MASTER OF VALUATION, SIX MONTHS COURSE IN VALUATION OF REAL ESTATE.
Having experience of 24 years of Experience in Technical Field, Teaching Faculty & HOD in Engineering College, Valuation of Immovable Properties, etc.
NO FEE PAYABLE TO CEV IAF RETAINERSHIP MEMBERS WHO FAILED TO ATTEND 16 HOURS OF CEP IN MAY-JUNE-JULY-2020 SESSIONS
OTHER FORTHCOMING CEP PROGRAMES
2 HOURS EACH ON THE TOPICS AND ON THE DATES ANNOUNCED BY THE ORGANISATION CEV IAF RVO
Proposed Topics for CEP OF 2 HOURS EACH.
1. Non Standard Valuations not given in any book.
2. Valuations for TDR generated from Lands reserved in Development Plan.
3. Valuation of a project for cost of construction for Income Tax Department.
4. Valuation for the purpose of redevelopment of existing building with extra FSI.
5. Valuations for Agricultural land that can be converted to Non agricultural use
6. Valuations against Stamp Duty ready recknor for lands sold under distress sale.
7. Valuations for Banks under clause on Indemnity Bond.
8. Valuation for bid to be given in Auction process.
9. Court preparations to justify your report.
10. Defending yourself in case of raid on your office for Valuations.
11. Use of Internet for Valuations.
12. Challenges in Valuation of properties in India.
13. Valuation of properties occupied by slums.
14. Valuations to asses present cost of Construction to change contractor.
15. Valuation of leasehold property to surrender balance lease period to the owner.
16. Valuations of tenanted properties to be handed over to Owner and for Capital Gains of same.
17. Percentages for deduction for different factors not in favor of the property.
18. Different factors affecting Valuations in various parts of India due to changes in local rules.
19. Valuation of properties in CRZ zones for sale
20. How to justify your Valuation Report and defend in case challenge by Banks.
21. Different sources available in India to get property rates .
22. Common mistakes/ checklist for valuation reports
23. Income approach for L&B & Plant & machinery & valuation of going concern
24. DCF Valuation – practical approach.
FEE FOR TWO CREDIT HOURS RS-500/-
NO FEE PAYBLE TO CEV IAF RETAINERSHIP MEMBERS WHO FAILED TO ATTEND 16 HOURS OF CEP IN MAY-JUNE-JULY-2020 SESSIONS
Fee package includes:-
1. One time Enrolment fee for RVOs membership
2. Lifetime PRIMARY membership & 50 Hrs Educational Course fees
3. Study material Hard copies of copyright book by registered parcel
4. Study material soft copy of all subjects
5. MCQs bank and live support.
6. Specialized personalized help till EXAMINATION and afterwards
7. Subsidized concessional cost REFRESHER COURSE facilities for CEV IAF CANDIDATES to attend next physical batches any time and anywhere in INDIA.